About Me

Hi it's Rachel (obviously), ummm about me??? I like to read... but I don't really read at all, so maybe I don't like it that much. My favorite things to do are sports. I'm not the best at Swimming and I'm even worse at Gymnastics but I've recently discovered that I like both of them. When I'm not doing Swimnastics I find myself watching bad reality TV and procrastinating my math HW. I like the idea of writing. Sometimes it can be terrible and sometimes it's nice to write stuff down. So I'm finna try out this blogging thing thanks to Miss Erin :P

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Conformity Vs. Individuality Visual Essay


In this first image I tried to show what I would picture as conformity. I see conformity as monotonous and boring and dull, just like this image. Everything is the same; like Titus said about the sailboat nothing interesting has happened here or ever will. I would also like to point out the significance of the shopping carts. As consumers we are all the same, I mean we have different identities as people but everyone with money is looked at as the same kind of consumer.




Something else I noticed in the book was how much alike they were. They all used the same words and all wore the same clothes. At times there were hints at what kind of people they were but it seemed the Feed was responsible for taking that away from them. I choose the picture of this one lego with a face to represent Violet because I could see who she was.






When I went to Google to look for images I searched "follow the leader" and I found this. I thought it was fitting because the group of friends in Feed all sort of followed eachother. When one declared that the moon was boring the all thought it was boring.










The next image is of how people that have conformed to the Feed react to individuals. I was thinking of all the times when Titus's group had singled violet out because she was different, like the runt in a litter.




And the last image I want to show you about of how beautiful individuality is represented by a red rose. The rest of the image is around the same colors like grayish blacks. What struck me the most about this picture is how the colored rose stood out so boldly. I wanted to put it in my essay because this also reminded me of what violet was doing

**Sorry this is about a month late. I hope I got it to you before it was too late... lo siento

No comments:

Post a Comment